IBS Application for Habakkuk 1:5

“Look among to nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told.”

I have found this to be a very encouraging verse. I came across it recently while looking for another one, but upon reading it, I was reminded of my last IBS that I did on Esther 4:13-14, about being brought to where we are for this time. For us here in Ignite currently, we have been brought here for the Lord’s purposes. And those purposes are sometimes unknown to us.

However, one thing that I believe that God has shown me is in relation to life at home here in the field. I can’t go into specifics about it, but God has promised to transform our home life in a grand way while here in Guatemala. But I don’t see how God will do that, or how He’ll use us to accomplish this.

There are times when I feel like any transformation in the home is unnecessary, especially when compared to the ministry we do outside the walls of the house that I’m presently writing this in. But as we’ve been exhorted time and time again, “ministry starts in the home.” So, the time we spend with each other at home with each other is incredibly important to our growth and to the ministry we do our in the mission field.

But now, I am left with this doubt that such great change is possible. But here, in this verse, there exists a promise that God have to Habakkuk for the time in which he loved: That God was doing a work in the face of impossible circumstances that he would not have believed even if God told him what would happen. I feel like God has been saying the same thing to me about our home life lately. I don’t see how home life could get better than it is, but God has promised to do a work here amongst us, the sort of work that I probably wouldn’t believe if God told me what He was doing in us.


My application for this one will be to walk in this promise the best way that I can: By trusting that God will do what He has said that He’ll do, and know that it will be greater than I think it could be. I will pray daily for a week that this promise will come to pass, because I believe that we need this to happen as Team Guatemala. I will also pray for increased confidence in the Lord’s ability to do works like this as well, for He can do all things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog