IBS Application for Exodus 14:13-14

“And Moses said to the people, ‘Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.’”

God has been saying a lot to me about spiritual warfare lately. He has made the fight more real to me than ever before, and I realize that I need Him more and more. In fact, I need Him to fight my battles some days.

This isn’t easy for me to say. I have a natural tendency towards doing things on my own, and I hate this. I want to let go and let God do things through me, because we are all tools and soldiers at His command, to be sent where He would send us and do what He tells us to do. But I do not always trust in His judgement or in His might, and it’s a problem of mine.

I want to fall and lean on Him, and it is becoming easier to do this. In a way, it’s freeing to know that God can and will fight battles that we cannot fight. He goes out before us like David went out before Israel to slay Goliath when no one else would. And like David, He is victorious over our foes. I want to be wholly reliant on Him, because I know that it’s the only way to live. Apart from Him, I have no victory over anything.


God has to fight some of my fights for me. I have to accept this in order to win against my foes, who seek my destruction. In order to have peace and victory over the sins that hold me back, I will pray for the next three days in the mornings that God would soften my heart to give up the fight to Him when He needs to be the One to do battle for me. In falling on Him, I know that I will have victory and peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog