IBS Application for Hebrews 13:5

“Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for He has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake You.’”

This verse carries with it a truth that is always relevant to any believer’s walk. We ought not to worry about our present situation, because God provides comfort to those in need. Not earthly comfort, but heavenly comfort, which is so much better than any comfort that the flesh seeks.

In the beginning of 2 Corinthians, Paul makes mention of a time in which he and some other disciples with him underwent an incredible amount of persecution. He states that it was so bad that he and the others thought they would die and that they were ready to die. But God allowed him to pass through it without coming to harm, and He gave Paul the strength and the will to keep going in spite of the danger he faced.

We have the same God watching over us. The same God that delivered Israel from Egypt, the same God that delivered their enemies into the hands of David is the same God that comforts and protects us.


It’s easy to forget this truth, that God is always with us in our walk, taking care of us. I forget it all the time. I’ve been worried about my financial situation on and off since I’ve been here. It’s been a problem, because I know that God provides when He leads us to do something, so I shouldn’t worry, yet I do. I want to change in this regard, so, for my application today, I will make the decision to lay down my worries in prayer about financial security down in the same way that Paul laid his own life down for God, trusting that God will comfort and keep me secure financially.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog